Deal Music & Arts Education
Deal Music & Arts’ festival brings international artists to Deal, Dover, Sandwich and Thanet every summer, and runs an associated year-round education programme, which includes work with schools, children, young people, adults, local artists, and community groups. Deal Music & Arts focuses on projects that are artistically of the highest merit and creativity, and provides experiences for those who would otherwise not get the chance to take part in the arts.
Deal Music & Arts provides:
• Live performances for schools
• Free or discounted tickets for participants of our education programme
• Annual family concerts
• Participatory workshops
• Support for young people working toward their Arts Awards
• Platforms for young and local artists & musicians
• Talks about music and arts education
• Runs rolling programmes of work covering brass, jazz, and contemporary dance education, as well as an annual Summer Music School
We focus on five core programmes of work:
Bold As, Jazz Journey, Let's Dance, New Sounds, Deal Festival Music Summer School and Special Projects. More information can be found on each by using the links to the left.
Contact Deal Festival’s Education Director Laura Callaghan Grooms for more information or to be put on our newsletter circulation list: email@example.com
Laura is a musician, project manager, mixed-media artist and composer from the UK, based in Brighton East Sussex. She is the Director of Hand on Heart Arts Ltd, and works on a freelance basis for a number of varied arts-based clients. She'd love to hear from anyone who is interested in making use of her creativity and dedication to the Arts.
A selection of pictures from our Arts Award 'Discover' days. Pupils learnt all about 'Pictures at the Exhibition' and the relationship between art and music.